Brights Advice: #MyLaundrySolutions
Brights Advice: 10 #LaundryDay hacks to make this chore a seamless process.
Laundry can become a great challenge if you allow it to pile up for too long.
Discover our Brights Advice for a seamless laundry routine that will save you time and money.
- Pre-soak stained garments for at least 24 hours before washing
- Use 1 cup of Bicarbonate of Soda add 50- 100ml of water and mix to a thick paste. Apply the paste to all problem areas before washing to remove unpleasant odours from your laundry.
- Never pile or fold up half-dried clothing, this will lead to all laundry having an awful odour and you will have to redo the entire batch.
- Always ensure that you clean the lint filter in your washing machine
- Never overload the machine with too much laundry per cycle
- Never place washing powder or capsules directly onto garments this might lead to the discolouration or bleach-like spots especially on darker clothing
- Use a dehumidifier to combat mould, damp and condensation in the air which assists in drying your laundry and saves you money on your electricity bill.
- Always follow the care instructions on the garment label
- Wash laundry throughout the week to avoid mountains of laundry at the end of the week
- When a garment is new, first do a colour run test. Place the garment under running water to ensure that the colour doesn’t run.
Stand a chance to win a Meaco Dehumidifier 10L valued at R 3099 by sharing your creative laundry hacks with us. Snap a picture or take a video illustrating your smart laundry solutions and share these with us in the comments section of the Brights Hardware Facebook post using the hashtag #MyLaundrySolutions @Solencosa @BrightsHardware
Terms & Conditions apply.
Terms and Conditions:
- The promoter of this competition is Brights Hardware in partnership with Solenco SA as (“the Promoter”). The competition will run from 22 August – 06 September 2019. The winner will be announced on 09 September 2019.
- The competition is open to Western Cape residents only.
- The competition is not open to employees of Brights Hardware or Solenco SA and their immediate families, the prize sponsors or their respective advertising agencies and PR companies.
- By entering the competition all participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules, which will be interpreted by the Promoter, in its sole discretion and its decision regarding any dispute will be conclusive, final and binding and will not be challenged on any grounds, including without limitation, the grounds that the Promoter failed to act reasonably, fairly, in good faith or otherwise in accordance with the principles or procedural fairness.
- Brights Hardware reserves the right to amend the validity dates of this competition at any time.
- One entry per person is valid.
- By entering this competition, you agree to be bound by the rules specified in these terms and conditions.
- By entering this competition, you agree to be contacted via the relevant magazine Facebook Page and by means of e-mail or telephone.
- Winners will be drawn by Brights Hardware Facebook page from all valid entries.
- The winners of this competition shall be chosen in accordance with the requirements and procedures of the Consumer Protection Act of 2008. The prize(s) will go to the first name(s) selected at random after the closing date.
- The winners will be notified via Social Media ( Facebook). The winner is subject to collect the prize from any Brights Hardware branch which is most convenient for them.
- Winners are also subject to take a picture which will be uploaded to the Brights Hardware Facebook page.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize with any other prize of equal value to the prize/s offered herein, at its sole discretion.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and the Promoter shall not enter into any correspondence about the result.
- Entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- Any breach of the terms and conditions may, at the Promoter’s absolute discretion, result in forfeiture of any prize.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any disruption to the competition, whether due to technical problems or otherwise, which is beyond its reasonable control. In the event of any disruption to the competition, the Promoter shall use its reasonable endeavours to remedy any disruption and resume the competition on a fair and equitable basis to the entrants.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify and entrant/s if they do not respond to the Facebook message within 48-72 hours of notification thereof and in such even a randomly selected replacement entrant from the competition, entries will be chosen.
- In such circumstances, the replacement entrant shall be contacted by the Promoter by telephone and e-mailed as soon as reasonably practicable and shall be required to respond to the Promoter in the manner set out in Facebook.
- In the event that the replacement entrant fails to respond to the Promoter as required then the provisions of this clause shall apply to that new winner in the same way as if they were an original winner.
- This competition is in no way organized, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You (the entrant) understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information you provide will be used for e-mails/SMS communications for future competitions.
- Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the competition can be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change any of these terms and conditions at any time, without any notice being given to those participating.