Showing 241–252 of 333 results
R289.95 – R759.95
- An alkali resistant primer for interior and exterior masonry surfaces. Intended Uses
- For use on substrates such as interior and exterior cement plaster, concrete and fibre-cement to protect subsequent coats, such as alkyd paints, against saponification.
- As a binding and sealing coat on soft and brittle cement plaster, porous paper faced board, brickwork, soft board and gypsum plaster. Features & Benefits
- Good adhesion to new plaster
- Can be over coated with water based and solvent based topcoats.
- Product Information Appearance Colour Generic type Solids Viscosity at 23 °C Recommended DFT Recommended WFT Theoretical spreading rate Practical spreading rate VOC Matt Off white Solution acrylic 37 % by volume 70 – 80 KU (typical) 35 μm – 45 μm per coat 95 μm – 122 μm per coat 9.3 m²/L per coat @ 40 μm DFT. This serves as a guide only. The practical spreading rate will vary depending on the profile of the substrate, as well as the application technique and tools used. 401 g/L Application Details Mixing Stir thoroughly with a flat paddle until homogeneous and stir periodically during use. Method Brush, roller or airless spray. Thinning Not recommended Cleaning Drying time MINERAL TURPENTINE or POLYCELL BRUSH CLEANER Touch dry: 4 h @ 23 °C Over coating: 16 h @ 23 °C
R174.95 – R999.00
A coarse, textured weather resistant paint. Intended Uses Weatherproofing and decorating exterior wall surfaces. Also used to disguise minor surface irregularities in the substrate. For application to well cleaned, prepared and primed concrete, cement plaster and other masonry surfaces. Features & Benefits Granular, sand textured finish Protects exterior surfaces against the weather and the elements Durable and long lasting Fills hairline cracks and disguises minor surface defects and repaired areas Its tough formulation gives a long lasting matt finish that covers hairline cracks while maintaining its colour longer. 8 year quality guarantee (Refer to T & C ’s at www.plascon.co.za) Product Information Appearance Colours Solids Viscosity at 23 °C Recommended DFT Recommended WFT Theoretical spreading rate Practical spreading rate VOC Textured finish. White (TTT 1); Khoisan Kraal (TTT 2); Motswere (TTT 3); Mamepe (TTT 4); Amanzimtoti (TTT 5); Imvelo (TTT 6); Lefika (TTT 7); Maru a Pula (TTT 8). 35% by volume Approx. 110 KU 40 – 50 μm per coat 114 – 143 μm per coat 7.8 m²/L per coat @ 45 μm DFT. This serves as a guide only The practical spreading rate will vary depending on the profile of the substrate, as well as the application technique and tools used. 0 g/ L Application Details Mixing Stir thoroughly with a flat paddle until homogeneous. Method Brush or normal roller. Spray not normally recommended since the product is abrasive. Thinning Not recommended Cleaning Drying time Water Touch dry: 1 h @ 23 °C Over coating: 2 h @ 23 °CSelect options
R199.95 – R659.95Select options
- A universal alkyd based undercoat.
- Provides excellent adhesion.
- May be overcoated by a variety of alkyd and emulsion based topcoat systems.
- Good inter coat adhesion on aged alkyd enamels
- Provides additional build and filling for superior protection
R129.95 – R749.95
an extremely tough premium quality protective and decorative finish for interior walls and trim work. Intended Uses • Used as a decorative and protective finish on interior primed masonry surfaces. • It can also be used directly onto interior surfaces such as hard and soft woods, melamine, mild steel, galvanised steel, aluminium and PVC. • Ideal for furniture, doors, skirtings and wall surfaces in kitchens and bathrooms. Features & Benefits • Hero Ingredient: Polytough, unique polyurethane enamel that cross-links to form a resilient protective barrier that makes VELVAGLO heat, steam, chip and stain resistant. • Dries to an attractive semi-gloss satin sheen finish which is completely washable, tough and mar resistant. • Unique gel formulation - does not drip during brush application and allows higher than normal build per coat. • High opacity. • Built in primer allows direct to surface application on correctly prepared selected interior surfaces. • No undercoat necessary for masonry surfaces after priming. • No added lead. • 12 Year Quality Guarantee. (Interior application, refer to terms & conditions at www.plascon.com) . Product Information Appearance Colours Tint Bases Generic type Volume Solids Recommended DFT Recommended WFT Theoretical spreading rate Practical spreading rate TVOC Satin sheen White (VLO 1) and standard colours as per colour card. Also available in a wide range of INSPIRED COLOUR tints. Pastel Tint Base (TVG 1000), Deep Tint Base (TVG 2000) and Transparent Tint Base (TVG 3010) Polyurethane alkyd 45% 25 – 40 μm 56 – 89 μm 12.9 m²/L @ 35 μm DFT. This serves as a guide only. The practical spreading rate will vary depending on the profile of the substrate, as well as the application technique and tools used. White: 435 g/L, Pastel & Transparent bases: 409 g/L, Deep base: 421 g/L Application Details Mixing Ready for use by brush or roller. Stirring is not recommended since it will break down the gel structure. If stirred, allow to stand for 8 hours for gel to recover. Method Brush, mohair roller or spray. Thinning Ready for use for brush and mohair roller application. For spray application thin approximately 10 parts VELVAGLO to 1 part SPRAYING THINNER (TH 3) or MINERAL TURPENTINE (AZH 1) by volume. NOTE: Thinning will destroy the non drip properties. Cleaning Drying time MINERAL TURPENTINE (AZH 1) or POLYCELL BRUSH CLEANER (502205). Touch dry: 4 h @ 23 °C Over coating: 16 h @ 23 °CSelect options