Sales Person – Building (Brackengate)
Ref #: SP04-MAR2022(BG)
Reporting to: Department Supervisor
Purpose: To assist customers by helping them choose a product that is best suitable for whatever need the customer has, in such a manner that the assistance of the Sales Person is appreciated by the customer when he/she purchases any product. This will include the ability to provide good customer service in such a manner that customer satisfaction is achieved, resulting in generating sales and promoting the business therefore creating sustainable growth in margins and profits.
- Attend to customers in a professional and helpful manner
- Generate more sales, ensure customer satisfaction by providing excellent customer service
- Control stock levels and doing regular stock counts
- Advise customers with regards to products, which product would be best in order to solve the customers’ problem
- Place stock orders with buyers if necessary
- Attend to relevant admin tasks including up keep of customer book, special orders file and forwarding of invoices as well as other relevant tasks
- Ensure merchandising is done properly and that the products are priced correctly
- Participate in perpetual stock takes
- Ensure good housekeeping of work area
- Perform any work-related tasks as delegated by superior
- Matric or Equivalent
- 3 Years Sales experience
- 3 Years minimum experience in a similar role in a Hardware environment
- 5 basic technical supplier competency certificates
- Demonstrate Standard Operating Procedure knowledge unattended at 100% accuracy
- Demonstrate acceptable sales technique
- Intermediate product knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal &written)
Kindly note that if you are not contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.
We are committed to having staff that reflect the diversity of our nation we will conduct our recruitment and appointments in line with the Company’s equity targets and we are committed to improving our positions. The Company reserves the right to make changes to these terms and conditions at any time and for any reason.