Technical Sales Person – Irrigation (Boston)
Ref #: TSP01-FEB2022 (BS)
Reporting to: Department Supervisor
Purpose: To effectively assist customers in a professional and competent manner with technical support and assistance in choosing a product that is best suited for their specific needs – and with the aim of achieving customer satisfaction generating sales and promote sustainable business growth.
- Attend to customers in a professional, competent, and helpful manner.
- Generate new business opportunities and maintain existing customer relationships to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Advises and assists customers regarding technical aspects merchandise.
- Assist with the ongoing management of stock by way of product inventories and participating in stock takes, including perpetual stock takes.
- Control and maintain acceptable stock levels and liaising with relevant departments regarding replenishment of stock when necessary.
- Advise the customer on products: price, specification, delivery, warranties, and any other information pertinent to the, use and care of the product.
- Advise customers on alternatives within the range of the product to further ensure customer needs are satisfied.
- Maintain and demonstrate up to date knowledge of the company’s product ranges and any additions/ changes to it.
- Attend to admin tasks including, but not limited to maintenance and updating of customer book, special orders file, submitting invoices and other relevant paperwork.
- Ensure merchandising is done according to the company’s merchandising standards and that the products are priced correctly.
- Maintain good housekeeping of work area.
- Matric or Equivalent
- Candidates with no Matric will only be considered for this position if they have 7 years’ experience in Technical Sales in specific trade
- 7 Years Sales experience
- 3 years in retail/hardware giving technical advice to customers
- 7 intermediate technical supplier competency certificates
- Demonstrate Standard Operating Procedure knowledge unattended at 100% accuracy
- External Sales technique course
- Demonstrate above average sales technique
- Asserts problem solving ability
- Advanced technical product knowledge (achieve 100% in assessment)
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written)
Kindly note that if you are not contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.
We are committed to having staff that reflect the diversity of our nation we will conduct our recruitment and appointments in line with the Company’s equity targets and we are committed to improving our positions. The Company reserves the right to make changes to these terms and conditions at any time and for any reason.
Interested applicants are to submit the Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter form to Justin Scharneck in the Human Resources Department on 021 944 8300 or via e-mail on [email protected]